- Anti-decubitus mattress
- Exceptional pressure reduction and comfort
- Uniquely conforms user and frame
- Surface retains optimum supportive properties
- Reduces unwanted movement
- Reduces tissue damage potentially
The Invacare Softform Maxi Glide is an anti-decubitus mattress designed to provide exceptional pressure reduction and patient comfort, and uniquely conforms to the profile of an electric ward bed. When a bed is profiled, the patented design of this mattress allows the top surface to retain its optimum properties for effectively supporting the patient, while the base of the mattress separately conforms to the bed frame. This significantly reduces inappropriate and unwanted patient movement, thereby reducing the potential for tissue damage resulting from shear and friction forces, particularly on vulnerable areas.